Sunday, February 20, 2011

Friday's on a Saturday?

Last night, me and my Blogging Bestie made dinner and a movie plans with our boys. While we were figuring out where we were going to eat and what we were going to see, I suggested Friday's and Carolyn's response was..."Friday's on a Saturday?" And of course, because I only have one thing on my mind I replied with, "That would be a great blog post title!" So don't be surprised if her post is titled the same thing. Lame story, I know. Moving on...

So, the four of us met at Fridays for dinner. They have a great deal where you can get an appetizer, an entree and a dessert for $12.99! So, all four of us took advantage and the amount of food on our table was ridiculous!  The food was all really good, but one thing stood out above the others....


 The Friday's Blackberry Margarita Shaker. Carolyn ordered one and WOW, needless to say we shared her first one and then ordered another. For $7.00 you get a full shaker, which equals about 3 drinks and it's AhhhhhMAZING! It was so delicious, I decided to do a little google-ing to see if I could find a recipe, and guess what.....

Step 1: What You Need for a TGI Friday's Blackberry Margarita
  • 1 1/4 ounces tequila
  • 3/4 ounce triple sec
  • 2 ounces TGIF Friday's Margarita Rocks Mix
  • 1/2 ounce guava puree
  • 1//4 cup frozen blackberries
  • Ice
  • Fruit for garnish
Step 2: How to Make a TGI Fridays Blackberry Margarita
  1. Salt the rim of a tall glass.
  2. Fill the prepared glass with ice, adding the frozen blackberries on top.
  3. Combine the remaining ingredients in a cocktail shaker, shaking well.
  4. Pour the margarita over the ice and blackberries, garnishing with fresh fruit if desired. 
You've gotta try it! Or, just mosey over to your local TGI Friday's and grab one from the pros!

It was a miracle, but all four of us decided and agreed on which movie to see. Seriously, if you knew us, it's a full blown miracle! I thought for sure choosing a movie would turn into a girl vs boy debate that would inevitably turn into Carolyn and I seeing something we didn't want to. So, we decided to see Shrek Forever After.
I am a huge fan of all of the Shrek movies (I was seriously ob-sessed with the first one when it came out) and this one did not disappoint. It had everything you'd expect from a Shrek movie--singing, dancing, a little suspense, romance, mocking of Disney movies and fairytales, the occasional hidden adult humor, it was great! It was also my first 3D experience! It was cool. It took a little while to get used to, I started feeling pretty queasy but once it got going it was really neat. I think it's perfect for a cartoon like this one, but I'm not sure if I'd like seeing a live action film in 3D. Anyways, I'd give you a synopsis of the movie, but I'm sure you've all seen the previews and I know you're all going to g see it so I don't want to ruin it for you.

It's a beautiful day here in Minneapolis and J and I are only at the shop until 11, so we're going to squeeze in some much needed pool time! I hope you all enjoy these last few precious hours of your weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive